A video clip of a Georgia mom opposing a school board’s mask mandate was removed from a conservative news outlet’s YouTube page — even though it’s still visible elsewhere on the social media site.
Courtney Ann Taylor made headlines last month with her impassioned plea for the Gwinnett County Board of Education to stop forcing her 6-year-old daughter and other kids to wear masks amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grabien, an online news service with about 3,400 YouTube subscribers, was told by YouTube on Thursday that its video of Taylor’s remarks was taken down for violating the company’s community guidelines and “medical misinformation policy,” Fox News reported.
But other videos that feature Taylor addressing the school board outside Atlanta remain on YouTube.
Those videos include one posted by ABC’s “The View,” which has racked up more than 200,000 views, according to the results of a search created by Fox News.
During her April 15 speech, Taylor said, “Every one of us knows that young children are not affected by this virus.
“They’re not. And that’s a blessing,” she added. “But as the adults, what have we done with that blessing? We’ve shoved it aside and said, ‘You’re still going to wear a mask on your face every day, 5- and 6-year-olds.’”
“YouTube has clear Community Guidelines in place to prevent COVID-19 medical misinformation,” a company spokesperson told Fox News.
“In accordance with our policies, we removed this video for including the claim that children are not affected by COVID-19.”
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Most children with COVID-19 have mild symptoms or have no symptoms at all.”
“However, some children can get severely ill from COVID-19,” the CDC says on its website.
“They might require hospitalization, intensive care, or a ventilator to help them breathe In rare cases, they might die.”