Clubs in the UK will have until 5pm on Friday October 16 to complete signings in the extended domestic window, but the big, international moves had to be completed by 11pm BST on Monday.
Stay tuned for all the latest transfer news and rumours in our live blog….
Ozil left out of Europa League squad
The European transfer window may have slammed shut, but that doesn’t end the scrutiny over Mesut Ozil’s future at Arsenal.
The World Cup winner has been left out of the club’s 25-man squad for this season’s Europa League campaign.
MAN UTD NEWS
Romero chasing MLS move
The Mail say that Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero is hopefully of sealing a move to MLS before the US transfer window shuts later this month.
Romero in now no.3 at Old Trafford, behind David de Gea and Dean Henderson, but was denied a deadline day move to Everton.
No option-to-buy in Torreira loan
There’ve been a few conflicting reports on this one today, but Lucas Torreira’s agent has confirmed that Atletico Madrid do not have an option to make his loan move from Arsenal permanent written into the deal.
Draxler explains why he stayed at PSG this summer
Perennially linked with Arsenal, German midfielder Julian Draxler has been talking to Bild about why he didn’t leave PSG this summer, despite entering the final year of his contract.
“In the summer I was busy trying to do something else,” Draxler said. “Due to the corona situation, it was ultimately difficult to find a club where I would have said: it goes well together, I definitely want to. That was not the case, so I decided that I would not dare to take a quick shot and continue looking for my chance at Paris.
“The overall package just had to be right. That I can imagine playing in the club, that good football is played there and that I play an important role – that would be the great sense of a change at this point, one year before the European Championship.
“Next year things will look easier if I am free and another club doesn’t have to negotiate a transfer with Paris.”
Sokratis and Ozil ‘left out of Europa League squad’
Arsenal’s transfer activity means their squad has too many non-homegrown players and according to The Mail, it is Mesut Ozil and Sokratis that will miss out.
If true, Ozil’s exclusion is no surprise and could indicate that Sokratis – who is yet to feature in a squad this season because of injury – may be set to leave on loan.
MAN UTD NEWS
United ‘had Chelsea full-back as Plan B’
Speaking on the Here We Go podcast, transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Manchester United would have moved for Emerson Palmeri, had their move for Alex Telles failed.
Telles eventually joined United from Porto on deadline, ending Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s summer-long search for a left-back.
Emerson had been heavily linked with a move to Italy, following Ben Chilwell’s arrival at Stamford Bridge.
Bordeaux sign Ben Arfa
Former Newcastle man Hatem Ben Arfa has a new club!
The Frenchman last played for Valladolid, but was only there on a six-month contract meaning he was free to join Bordeaux, the sixth different Ligue 1 club he has played for during his career.
Vinicius joins Tottenham training
Most of his teammates might be away on international duty, but Tottenham new boy Carlos Vinicius has been stepping up work for his Spurs debut at Hotspur Way.
Gareth Bale, Joe Hart and Lucas Moura were among those also involved.
Forest keen on Knockaert?
Sky Sports say Nothingham Forest are keen on signing Fulham midfielder Anthony Knockaert.
Forest sacked manager Sabri Lamouchi yesterday after a disastrous start to the season and replaced him with Chris Hughton, who worked with Knockaert during his time at Brighton.
Capoue back in Watford fold
Watford midfielder Etienne Capoue has withdrawn his request to leave the club and returned to first team training.
Capoue was hoping to force a move away from the Hornets following their relegation last season, and with the domestic transfer window between Premier League and EFL clubs still open, could yet have done so.
However, Watford boss Vladimir Ivic revealed: “He [Capoue] is the guy who wants to come back, to give his best for the team.
“All of us are satisfied that he is coming back to work with us.”
MAN UTD NEWS
But not everyone is happy about Manchester United’s business, least of all Jadon Sancho.
Speaking on the Here We Go podcast, Romano has claimed that Sancho was very keen on a move to Old Trafford but the 20-year-old will need to be convinced to move next summer after United’s failed move.
That’s because sources close to Sancho have apparently said he was expecting a late bid from the club but it never arrived, which is all the more confusing considering Dortmund were ready to accept a £108m bid on deadline day.
Romano adds United had also considered signing Federico Chiesa only to learn the Italy international had a contract agreed with Juventus for the last year.
MAN UTD NEWS
Manchester United are reportedly ‘in love’ with their new signing Amad Diallo and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had his first conversation with the winger.
That’s according to Fabrizio Romano, who was speaking via his Here We Go podcast about all things United.
Solskjaer had a video chat with 18-year-old Diallo and told him he is a big part of the club’s future and that he is convinced he is ready to play for United already after sealing a £37.2m deal.
He will join in January and no doubt, the Red Devils fans will be excited to see him in action.
PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS
So, Said Benrahma has not left Brentford so far – but the key thing to remember is that Premier League clubs can still sign players in EFL leagues up until October 16.
We know that West Ham are taking a look at the £25m-rated Bees star, while the Mirror reports that Arsenal and Chelsea have also taken a look. There could be a late scramble for the 25-year-old signature.
WEST HAM NEWS
West Ham could land two more signings before the close of the domestic transfer window after Felipe Anderson joined Porto on loan for the season, writes Jack Rosser.
With Premier League clubs still allowed to do business in the lower leagues before October 16, the Hammers remain keen on adding a centre-back from the Championship while they will also look to replace Anderson.
It is thought that Porto, who moved quickly to complete a deal for the Brazilian in order to include him in their Champions League squad which had to be submitted last night, are paying the bulk of, if not all of, Anderson’s considerable wages.
With Anderson’s wages off the bill and Jack Wilshere having negotiated a pay-off to terminate his £100,000-a-week deal in east London, more funds have been freed up to invest further in the squad. Owners David Sullivan and David Gold also vowed to “entirely” reinvest the money raised through the £18million sale of Grady Diangana to West Brom.
The Hammers have long tracked Brentford’s Said Benrahma, who is available for £25million, while Bournemouth striker Josh King remains available.
Fulham are paying less than half of Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s wages while he spends the season on loan at Craven Cottage, writes Jack Rosser.
Chelsea usually only sanction loans to Premier League clubs if they agree to take on the entire wage packet of any player leaving the club for a season, but decided to compromise in order to get the England midfielder the game time needed.
Loftus-Cheek completed his move late on deadline day as one of three new arrivals at Fulham and is desperate to get back up to speed with regular appearances that would not have been on offer at Stamford Bridge.
West Ham and Southampton had both been keen earlier on in the window, but were put off by Chelsea’s demands that they take on his wages – which are thought to be north of £100,000-a-week – while also paying additional fees around any deal.
With fewer suitors than expected on the final day of the window, Chelsea went against their usual principles in order to secure a move in the best interests of Loftus-Cheek.
MAN UTD NEWS
We all know by now that Manchester United failed to sign Jadon Sancho – and the Guardian reports that the transfer fee was just one reason for the deal not happening.
Borussia Dortmund’s asking price for the England international was €120million (£108m), but the Guardian states that when Sancho’s wages and the fee requested by his agent were also taken into consideration, signing the player would have cost United around €250m (£227m).
It still doesn’t change the fact that most United fans would consider their transfer window a huge failure, but it does give some context as to the fact that transfer deals are not just based on the fee alone.
MAN UTD NEWS
Cavani debut delayed?
Edinson Cavani could miss Manchester United’s next Premier League game against Newcastle because he is in quarantine, according to The Times.
Cavani joined United on a free transfer on deadline day but it is unclear whether he will be allowed to face Steve Bruce’s side after the international break.
The 33-year-old has been living in France since his PSG contract expired and rules currently dictate that anyone arriving in the UK from France has to quarantine for 14 days.
Elite athletes are exempt if they arrive from a secure bubble.
Watford could return for Saliba
Teenager William Saliba saw his deadline-day loan move to Saint-Etienne collapse and the Gunners are considering sending him to a Championship club.
Watford were interested in Saliba when Arsenal signed him last summer from Saint-Etienne and as a result they could make a viable destination for the young centre-back to get more game time.
Arsenal want to carefully manage Saliba’s development given the fact he is so young and cost them £27million.
Championship interest in the Frenchman is likely to be high given his potential, with Norwich City one of the clubs thought to be monitoring the situation closely ahead of the window closing next week.
Wijnaldum: Nothing concrete in Barca links
Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum has played down reports linking him with a move to Barcelona.
The 29-year-old was reported to be one of Ronald Koeman’s primary targets in the close season but Wijnaldum said there was “nothing concrete”.
“I don’t think it was that serious,” he said. “Otherwise you would have read a bit more, or more would have happened.
“The way it looks now, I will stay in Liverpool. My contract is valid for another 10 months and that can change. You never know in football.”
Can’t see the Transfer news LIVE blog? Click here to access our desktop page.
When does the ‘winter window’ open?
The January transfer window opens on Friday January 1, 2021, and will run until Sunday January 31.