8:30am – Ministerial media rounds:
The Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has been doing the rounds this morning.
The minister was detailing the UK’s new border measures for international arrivals.
8:15am – Today’s key developments:
- A massive U-turn from Donald Trump, who condemns his supporters and calls for “healing and reconciliation”. The Democrats are pushing to impeach the president.
- Stricter border measures: Transport Secretary Grant Shapps confirms this morning international arrival will now need to present a negative test at the border.
- Wales First Minister Mark Drakeford faces questions over his country having the worst vaccination record in the UK.
8:00am – Rejoice, people, it’s Friday.!
Welcome to the final Politics Live of the week.
- Boris Johnson says that 1.5 million people have now been vaccinated.
- UK political figures across the political spectrum have condemned unsavoury violence that took place in the USA yesterday.
- Matt Hancock claims there is no high risk from international arrivals.