8:30am – Ministerial media rounds:
Up this morning is the Cabinet Office Minister, Michael Gove.
8:00am – Today’s key developments
- Covid: Strict seven-week lockdown imposed on England.
- Education: Questions over schools u-turn, as closures leads to summer A-level and GCSE exams being cancelled.
- Vaccine: Pressure continues to build on the government, as their plans gather pace to vaccinate 13 million people by mid-February.
7:35am – Yesterday’s round-up
- Lockdown imminent: Boris Johnson to address the nation at 8pm, as a March-style lockdown is expected to be announced for England.
- Other covid news lines: Scotland announces full-scale lockdown, virus threat moves to highest level (5).
- Away from the virus: Julian Assange will not be extradited to the United States of America, a UK judge has ruled. The USA is likely to appeal.
7:30am – Good morning, welcome to Tuesday’s edition of Politics Live!